NYSE Analytics 04/01
Spyder ETF grows before NYSE opening bell.
- European Indexes are in positive side
SPY (intraday chart) uptrend at premarket. Resistance: 187.50 , Support: 187.00
- In reaction to strong earnings/guidance: VRNT +5.3%, LJPC +2.6%, EGAS +1.4% (thinly traded), BGCP +0.9% (light volume).
- M&A news: SWS +9.6% (SWS Group to be acquired by Hilltop; SWS hareholders will receive per share consideration of 0.2496 shares of Hilltop common stock and $1.94 of cash, equating to $7.88 per share based on Hilltop’s closing price on March 31, 2014).
- Financial related names showing strength: IRE +3.8%, ING +1.9%, NBG +1.8%, DB +1.7%, BBVA +1.7%, SAN +1.3%, LYG +0.9% (upgraded to Buy from Add at Numis), HSBC +0.3%.
- Select metals/mining stocks trading higher: BHP+1.8% (noted recent speculation about the Group’s portfolio; says ‘We believe that a portfolio focused on our major iron ore, copper, coal and petroleum assets would retain the benefits of diversification, generate stronger growth in free cash flow and a superior return on investment’), KGC +1.4% (releases Tasiast expansion feasibility study), AA +1% (expands Brazil Rolling Mill to capture growing demand for specialty packaging in Latin America), RIO +0.7%, ABX +0.7%, GLD +0.2%.
- Casino/gaming names showing strength boosted by Macau data: MPEL +9.2%, WYNN +2.6%, MGM +2.5%, LVS +1%.
- Other news: CWTR +25% (modestly rebounding), STXS +15.3% (Stereotaxis submits 510(k) application to FDA for Vdrivewith V-Loop System), CLNE +10.7% (opens two America’s Natural Gas Highway stations; signs multiple fueling agreements and commences sales of Redeem at new facility ), SQNS +10.3% (Sequans Wins Two Designs for New LTE Devices in the First Bid for China Telecom’s Commercial Launch), SSN +8.3% (provides weekly update), AMRN +7.7% (Amarin and Kowa Pharmaceuticals America, Inc. announce U.S. Co-Promotion agreement for Vascepa (icosapent ethyl) Capsules), DRTX +5% ( FDA Advisory Committee votes 12-0 in favor of safety and effectiveness of dalbavancin for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections), YNDX +2.7% (still checking), ALU +2.6% and NOK +2.1% (still checking), NGLS +2.2% (provides update on financial outlook and announces new growth projects), AGYS +2.1% (sells majority of the United Kingdom Business and enters into multi-year EMEA market distribution agreement), NVDA +1.6% ( product marketing VP sees improved 2014, according to reports; upgraded to Mkt Outperform from Mkt Perform at JMP Securities ), HCLP +1.2% (announces entry into long-term contract with U.S. Well Services ), DEG +0.9% ( announces agreement on sale of Bosnian & Herzegovinian store), GILD +0.9% (Gilead Sciences’s hepatitis C drug sales may reach $5 bln this year, according to reports), CLNE +0.7% (opens two America’s Natural Gas Highway stations; signs multiple fueling agreements and commences sales of Redeem at new facility), FB +0.7% (still checking for anything specific), EC +0.5% (makes oil discovery at the Well Tibirita-1A), MRVL +2.3% (will be ordered to pay $1.54 bln for patent infringement, according to reports), PSEC +0.2% (LIGHT VOLUME; invests $279 million of first-lien senior secured debt and equity).
- Analyst comments: CIDM +5.5% (initiated with an Overweight at Piper Jaffray), BPI +5.1% (upgraded to Outperform from Mkt Perform at BMO Capital Mkts), RBCN +3.6% (upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JP Morgan), INFA +1.6% ( upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Barclays), DDD +1.4% (initiated with a Neutral at UBS; tgt $62), JASO +1.3% (JA Solar initiated with an Outperform at Northland Securities), SSYS +1.1% (initiated with a Buy at UBS), UAL +0.8% ( upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS), PFSI +0.4% ( upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies)
- In reaction to disappointing earnings/guidance: ARTX -19.6%, YOD -12.4%, CUI -9.1%, (light volume), ROSG -8.6%, KGJI -3%, (light volume), XON -1.1%.
- Other news: USU -12.9% (still checking; may be attributed to Japan’s Hokkaido Electric Power considering Government bailout), MDCO -9.2% (provides update on Angiomax patent litigation), BIOF -7.4% (modestly pulling back), MDR -4.1% (provides an operational update; files for mixed securities shelf offering; announces public offering of 10 mln tangible equity units, each with a stated value of $25), KNDI -4% (unfavorable commentary on Mad Money), CSIQ -3.1% (receives CAD50.5 mln in financing from Manulife ), DEO -1.3% (still checking), GSK -1.2% (planning to expand in Africa, according to reports out), UN -1% (still checking), QCRH -0.9% (announces redemption of $15 mln of small business lending fund preferred stock), ICLD -0.8% (filed to delay from 10-K), CAT -0.8% (exec to testify before U.S. Senate subcommittee regarding co’s business structure), KIN -0.7% (announces launch of $50 mln public offering of common stock),’ GALT -0.7% (First cohort results in Galectin Therapeutics’ Phase 1 trial reveal biomarker evidence of therapeutic effect on fibrosis and inflammation in NASH with advanced fibrosis), MHR -0.7% (files for 4.3 mln share common stock offering by selling shareholders), GM -0.3% (General Motors recalls older model vehicles to fix power steering; expects to take a charge of up to ~$750 mln in the first quarter, primarily for the cost of recall-related repairs).
- Analyst comments: INVN -5.8% (downgraded to Perform at Oppenheimer), CLI -2.1% (downgraded to Hold from Buy at KeyBanc), MX -1.7% (downgraded to Neutral at Chardan Capital Markets), BGC -0.8% (downgraded to Neutral from Buy at DA Davidson), POT -0.6% (downgraded to Hold from Buy at Cantor Fitzgerald)
Trading Ideas NYSE & NASDAQ:
- VRNT – short below 48.50
- STXS – short below 4.75
- ARTX – long above 5.20
- MDCO – long above 25.00