NYSE Analytics 04/04
Spyder ETF grows before NYSE opening bell.
- European Indexes are in positive side
SPY (intraday chart) uptrend at premarket. Resistance: 189.25 , Support: 189.00
- In reaction to strong earnings/guidance: JRJC +24%, SNX +14.5%, CSUN +11.1% (light volume), MU +4.2%.
- M&A news: MRCY +16% (Boeing considering purchasing the company, according to reports ), MYL +8.7% ( may acquire Sweedan’s Meda AB, according to reports ), AAPL +0.3% (to acquire speech recognition company Novauris, according to reports).
- Select solar related names showing strength: SOL +2.9%, JKS +0.9%, JASO +0.8%, FSLR +0.5% (positive mention on Money; target raised to $87 from $63 at Citigroup), SUNE +0.4%.
- Metals/mining stocks trading higher: EGO +2.1%, KGC +1.7%, ABX +1.4%, MT +1.1%, SLV +1%, RIO +1%, GDX +0.7%, GLD +0.6%.
- Other news: ESMC +30.7% (receives FDA 510(k) Clearance for the Sonomed Escalon VuPad), HXM +19% (discloses it is in discussions with an affiliate of Zell Credit Opportunities Fund to obtain secured financing to fund construction of over 8,000 new homes), USAT +8.9% (new three year exclusive agreement with The Pepi Companies), VTUS +8.9% (receives date for Type B Pre-NDA Meeting With FDA for DOLIZEM), AMRS +5% (still checking), DYAX +4.9% (receives FDA approval to expand use of KALBITOR (ecallantide) for the treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema to patients 12 years of age and older), ALGN +4.9% (ITC affirms initial determination, finds infringement of 5 Align Technology patents and issues Cease-and-Desist Orders against ClearCorrect US and ClearCorrect Pakistan ), GLOG +4.4% (may be attributed to positive blog mention), BGS +2.9% (announces immediately accretive acquisition of Specialty Brands of America for ~$155 mln in cash), EXAS +2.2% (still checking), NBR +1.4% (up with APC), ECYT +1.1% (announces presentations; Data for Folate Receptor (FR)-Targeting Folate-Tubulysin Conjugate), APC +1% (Tronox issues statement regarding Tronox vs. Anadarko settlement; Tronox to receive $5.15 billion dollar tax benefit; total tax shield now estimated to be $10.15 billion; upgraded to Overweight from Underweight at JP Morgan;), TROX +0.7% (Tronox issues statement regarding Tronox vs. Anadarko (APC) settlement; Tronox to receive $5.15 billion dollar tax benefit; total tax shield now estimated to be $10.15 billion), GM +0.7% ( expects pre-tax remeasurement charge of ~$400 mln in Q1), TSLA +0.7% (still checking), ICPT +0.2% (S.A.C. Capital lowers take to less than .1% from 7.1%; prices 1 mln shares of common stock at $320.00 by co and selling stock holders ).
- Analyst comments: NMBL +3.7% (initiated with an Overweight at Piper Jaffray), PBPB +2.8% (upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at William Blair), URRE +2.4% (initiated with a Buy at ROTH Capital;), GME +1.9% (upgraded to Buy from Neutral at BofA/Merrill; tgt raised to $56 from $43 ), HUN +1.9% (upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS; ), UPL +1.8% (upgraded to Neutral from Cautious at ISI Group ), BTU +1.6% (Peabody upgraded to Outperform from Market Perform at Cowen), NOW +1.5% (upgraded to Overweight from Equal Weight at Evercore ), PSO +1.4% (upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies), DFT +1.2% ( initiated with an Outperform at Cowen), FINL +1.2% (upgraded to Overweight from Equal-Weight at Morgan Stanley ), ARUN +0.9% (initiated with a Outperform at Northland ), JPM +0.9% (upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Macquarie), EMES +0.8% (upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Robert W. Baird), BLK +0.3% (upgraded to Outperform from Mkt Perform at Keefe Bruyette)
- In reaction to disappointing earnings/guidance: KMX -4.5%, HYGS -3.5%, (light volume), GPN -2.3%.
- M&A related: K -0.6% (pulling back following yesterday’s upside move; Bloomberg discusses that strength in Kellogg yesterday was due to takeover speculation), .
- Select European drug names showing weakness: NVS -0.9%, AZN -0.8%.
- Other news: OPTT -15.8% (announces proposed public offering of common stock), HALO -13.7% ( Announces Temporary Halt Of Phase 2 Trial Enrollment And Dosing For PEGPH20), USU -12.1% (Bloomberg discusses chances of next nuclear accident ), IDN -7.5% (prices 2,617,000 shares of common stock at $0.80), CYCC -5.7% ( priced of an underwritten public offering of ~2.857 mln shares of its common stock to institutional and other investors at a price to the public of $3.50/share), GNK -5.2% (disclosed that it and certain of its subsidiaries entered into a restructuring support agreement ), WMC -5.1% ( announces public offering of 13 mln shares of common stock), NQ -2.5% (moved higher yesterday after confirming earnings report date – to report Q4 April 10 after the close), V -1.4% (still checking; may be attributed to WMT / MA news), EGLE -1.8% (GNK sympathy), EJ -0.9% (S.A.C. Capital lowers stake to 2.2% from 5.6% ), IHG -0.7% (still checking), SEAS -0.5% (prices $15 mln shares of common stock by Blackstone Group (BX) at $30.00 per share), C -0.2% (Citigroup CEO names Gene McQuade to run stress test process – CNBC), .
- Analyst comments: VOD -0.7% (downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Nomura), SONC -1.7% (downgraded to Neutral from Buy at Buckingham Research), DLR -0.4% (initiated with an Underperform at Cowen)
Trading Ideas NYSE & NASDAQ:
- KMX – long above 46.00, short below 45.00
- SNX – short below 72.00
- MRCY – long above 15.00