NYSE Analytics 04/29
Spyder ETF grows before NYSE opening bell.
- European Indexes are in positive side
SPY (intraday chart) uptrend at premarket. Resistance:188.00, Support: 187.50
In reaction to strong earnings/guidance: NOK +6.7% (also appoints Rajeev Suri as President and CEO and announces new strategy, program to optimize capital structure, and leadership team), AIXG +6.7%, AMKR +6.1%, BWLD +5.7%, MGM +5.3% (light volume), STO +4.8%, KLIC +4.8%, ORAN +4.5%, CMI +3.7%, HW +3.1%, S +3%, STM +2.7%, DB +2.5%, RUTH +2.1%, (light volume), N +2%, HIG +1.8%, MRK +1.1%, AMP +1.4%, (authorizes additional $2.5 bln for the repurchase of shares of its common stock through April 28, 2016; increases quarterly dividend by 12% to $0.58 per share from $0.52 per share), BP +1.3%, SAVE +1.1%, BSX +1%, SCOR +0.7%, (also ComScore and Yahoo partner to expand global access to ad measurement), RRC +0.6%, FRX +0.6%, PRE +0.5%, PCAR +0.3%.
M&A news: ORB +5.4% and ATK +1.6% (Orbital Sciences and Allian Techsystems’ Aerospace and Defense Groups to combine in $5 billion merger-of-equals to create ‘Orbital ATK’, a New Global Aerospace and Defense Systems Company), CBST +5.5% (SHPG for CBST speculation arising from FT Alphaville story), AZN +1.6% (Pfizer may have to spend EUR 70 bln on AstraZeneca (AZN), analysts say, according to reports), ARCP +1% (American Realty Capital says it is not currently in discussions with NorthStar).
Select financial related names showing strength: BSBR +12.5% and SAN +0.9% (Banco Santander announced an offer to acquire 25% of its Brazilian subsidiary, Banco Santander Brasil ), UBS +2.1%, HSBC +1.6%, CS +1.6%.
China ADRs trading higher: CHU +6.5%, CHL +3.8%…. China internet related names: DANG +3.3%, YOKU +2.1%, QIHU +2%, TEDU +1.9%, BIDU +1.1%
Other news: FOLD +46.7% (announces positive 12- and 24-month data from Phase 3 Fabry monotherapy study 011; migalastat demonstrated statistically significant (p=0.013) and durable substrate reductions on 12-month pre-specified primary analysis in Fabry patients with amenable mutations), NVAX +9.1% (announces positive top-line data from dose-confirmatory Phase 2 Clinical Trial of its RSV vaccine candidate in women of childbearing age), CETV +8.7% (still checking), BBRY +3.2%/ALU +2.6%/ERIC +1.8% (following NOK results), Z +1.9% (Tiger Global discloses 9.5% stake in 13G), NVS +0.9% (CHMP recommends EU label expansion of co’s Gilenya and data at AAN confirm efficacy on pre-treated MS patients), CYTK +0.9% (announces additional results from BENEFIT-ALS; First Clinical Trial in patients with ALS to show a significant reduction in decline of slow vital capacity), MILL +0.9% (Provides Operational Update; Successfully tests the Tyonek G zone in its Sword No. 1 well at approximately 290 BOPD), TKR +0.4% (acquires Schulz Group, based in New Haven, Conn), AWAY +0.4% (positive MadMoney mention), SGMS +0.3% (signs primary instant games contract with Washington State Lottery), SODA +0.3% (SodaStream appointed Yoram Evan as Chief Commercial Officer), XOM +0.4% (starts production ahead of schedule at PNG LNG Project; Project remains on target for first LNG cargo in the coming weeks).
Analyst comments: HPQ +1.2% (upgraded to Outperform from Sector Perform at Pacific Crest), OXGN +6.7% (initiated with a Buy at H.C. Wainwright), BWP +5.6% (upgraded to Market Perform at Raymond James; upgraded to Equal-Weight from Underweight at Morgan Stanley), ISRG +1.1% (upgraded to Neutral from Underperform at Sterne Agee), IRBT +1% (upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JP Morgan ), RCL +0.8% (initiated with a Buy at Berenberg)
- In reaction to disappointing earnings/guidance: UCTT -17.9%, GTLS -12%, TCS -9.6%, RTEC -8.6% (also downgraded to Hold from Buy at Stifel) ABB -7.1%, KN -6.2%, (light volume), BLDP -5.4%, COH -3.9%, MGLN -3.4%, ADM -2.5%, SNY -2%, BMY -1.7%, DDD -3.6%, MERU -1.6% (light volume, also downgraded at William Blair), RYN -1%, HLF -1%, HELE -0.1% (also announces the reorganization of its corporate departments and functions into three global shared service groups), .
- M&A news: NRF -6.6% (Northstar Realty confirms it is not currently engaged in discussions with American Realty Capital Properties).
- Metals/mining stocks trading lower: HMY -3.3%, GFI -2.8%, AU -2.5%, GOLD -1.1%, SLV -0.9%, GDX -0.8%.
- Social media names pulling back in recent trade: TWTR -1.0%, FB -1%
- Other news: GOGO -18.4% and ENT -3.7% (AT&T announces plans to launch a high-speed 4G LTE-based in-flight connectivity service for airlines and passengers in commercial, business and general aviation ), FLML -16.8% (announces receipt of Complete Response Letter From FDA citing issues at the facility of the supplier of the active ingredient – stock is halted , OIBR -4.8% (prices global offering of 2,142,279,524 common shares, including 396,589,982 common shares in the form of ADSs and 4,284,559,049 preferred shares, including 828,881,795 preferred shares in the form of ADSs), MEG -3.6% (announces secondary public offering of 9,000,000 shares of voting common stock by selling stockholders), UACL -3.4% (announces offering of 1.9 mln shares of common stock, of which 1.8 mln offered by selling stockholhders, 20,000 being offered by co), FET -3.1% (announces funds affiliated with SCF Partners have commenced a public offering of an aggregate of 10 mln shares of the co’s common stock), EPB -2.3% (EPB to purchase natural gas assets from Kinder Morgan for ~ $2 bln; transaction will be immediately accretive to EPB ), JBLU -1.7% (announces departure of Chief Operating Officer Rob Maruster), GIMO -0.8% ( announces CFO transition).
Trading Ideas NYSE & NASDAQ:
- AMKR – short below 7.40
- MGM – short below 24.00, long above premarket high
- TCS – short below 27.00
- COH – long above 48.50